With the ability to send data at lightning speed, the power to maintain high levels of uptime and strength to protect innocent people from becoming victims of cyber crimes, some data centers are similar to superheroes in their commitment to creating a better, cleaner and fairer world.
Here are a few of their must-have qualities:
#1. High Tech Cooling Creating energy saving methods that are inspired by the natural environment is high on the agenda for world class data centers. In a shift away from traditional compressor-based and refrigerant-based cooling, Google’s new Hamina data center pumps raw seawater directly from the nearby Gulf of Finland through an existing seawater tunnel. Its innovative …
37% of IT teams learn of issues too late – when business users tell them (TRAC Research). To help you identify Web performance issues much faster, we focused our first blog on proactive Web performance monitoring from your users’ perspective as your first line of defense.
Lets’ continue the discussion this week by reviewing some recent Website fiascos and root-cause.
- April – Government websites down. The problem? A server glitch
- Sept 20 - Glitch on bank’s trading website CommSec. The problem? A server issue
- Nov 3 - Huge outage takes down 16 Gov. websites in Singapore. The problem? An infrastructure failure
As you can see, an underperforming back-end infrastructu…
The sword of damocles has hung over the future of high street retail for years, with doomsayers predicting the end of physical stores. But an emerging trend labelled “clicks to bricks” or “e-tail to retail” looks set to revive high streets as online retailers cash in on the touchy feely and other benefits of a physical store, which include:
#1 Shopping as theatre
Online retail may save you time, grief and gas money but physical shopping provides an interactive experience that can’t be replicated online. A survey conducted by students from LIM College in conjunction with the National Retail Federation Student Association on the shopping habits of 18- to 25-y…
Once upon a time not so long ago having the right data center management tools and team was enough for any data center. Today it’s a different story. Increased automation and rapid growth in compute and storage is changing data center management. Add to that the increasing number of organisations storing applications and data through leased or co-lo facilities, SaaS and managed services, and it’s no surprise many companies are recognizing the value of data center infrastructure management (DCIM).
Right DCIM tools for the job
DCIM tools can help you see the things you need to see in order to monitor temperature, cooling systems, and other physical components such as power supplies and UPS.…
If you have been reading the news (or following us on Twitter @Site24x7) you may have noticed some recent high-visible Website fiascos. Let’s take a closer look.
- September 17th: United honors free fares granted in #Website glitch. The problem? Details are sparse, but many people received practically free tickets for just the price of the security fee.
- September 18th - Abercrombie #Website glitch. The problem? Their shopping cart was returning a “$0.00” total cost — a problem ONLY when shoppers added 2 or more of the same item to their cart.
- October 1st- Hours after debuting #Obamacare #website crashed. 30+ days later, issues are still unresolved. The problem? Website development